Barack Hussein Obama II (born August 4, 1961) is a former American Senator from Illinois, and the 44th President of the United States.
- "I'm proud of the fact that I stood up early and unequivocally in opposition to Bush's foreign policy. That opposition hasn't changed."
- Simple: I am proud that I was fully against George W. Bush's foreign policy plan from the start. I still am against it.
- "I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war."
- Simple: I am not against all wars. I am against dumb wars and wars declared without thinking first.
- "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
- Simple: Change in the United States will not happen if we wait for someone else to do something. We must do something ourselves if we want things to change.
- "No one is pro-abortion."
- Simple: No one wants abortions to happen.
- "There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq and there are patriots who supported the war in Iraq. We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America."
- Simple: There are patriots who are against the war in Iraq and there are patriots who support the War in Iraq. The United States is one country and we all are loyal to it.
- "Today we are engaged in a deadly global struggle for those who would intimidate, torture, and murder people for exercising the most basic freedoms. If we are to win this struggle and spread those freedoms, we must keep our own moral compass pointed in a true direction."
- Simple: Today we are fighting to help people who are intimidated, tortured, and murdered for exercising their basic rights. If we are going to win this fight then we must also be a moral country.