Harry S. Truman
|More reliable sources are needed for some or all quotes on this page.
You can help Simple English Wikiquote by adding reliable sources.
- "A politician is a man who understands government, and it takes a politician to run a government. A statesman is a politician who's been dead 10 or 15 years."
- Simple: A politician is man who knows how the government works. A government needs politicians. A statesman is a politician who's been dead 10 or 15 years.
- "I never gave anybody hell. I just told the truth and they think it's hell."
- Simple: I never gave anyone a hard time. I only said the truth and they think it is terrible.
- "Now days battles are just sort of a "You shoot up my town and I'll shoot up yours." They say that Americans don't play fair. They shoot 'em up all the time. I hope so because I want to finish this job as soon as possible and begin making an honest living again."
- Simple: Today, battles are sort of a "you blow up my town and I'll blow up yours". They say that Americans are not fair. They blow them up all the time. I hope so, because I want to end this work as soon as I can and make an honest living again.
- Harry S. Truman on Wikipedia
- Harry S. Truman on Wikimedia Commons
- Works by Harry S. Truman on the English Wikisource
|Washington · J. Adams · Jefferson · Madison · Monroe · J. Q. Adams · Jackson · Van Buren · W. H. Harrison · Tyler · Polk · Taylor · Fillmore · Pierce · Buchanan · Lincoln · A. Johnson · Grant · Hayes · Garfield · Arthur · Cleveland · B. Harrison · Cleveland · McKinley · T. Roosevelt · Taft · Wilson · Harding · Coolidge · Hoover · F.D. Roosevelt · Truman · Eisenhower · Kennedy · L. B. Johnson · Nixon · Ford · Carter · Reagan · G. H. W. Bush · Clinton · G. W. Bush · Obama|