Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "All share complicity in the destruction of that much under-rated phenomenon called liberty."
- Simple: Everyone is partly responsible for the destruction of freedom. People do not see that freedom has a very high value.
- "After the hurt had passed and I had cried a bit, after I got over the fright of sleeping in cellars underneath the furnace pipes, I came to cherish my freedom..."
- Simple: After the hurt was finished and was in the past, and after I had cried for a short time, and after I stopped being afraid of sleeping in cellars under the pipes that bring air from the furnace, I started to love my freedom.
- "When virtue is at liberty, so to some extent is vice."
- Simple: When good qualities are free, then bad qualities are also partly free.