Jump to navigation Jump to search
Benjamin Franklin (January 17, 1706 – April 17, 1790) was an American inventor, journalist, printer, diplomat, and politician.
- "How many observe Christ's birthday! How few, his precepts! O! 'tis easier to keep holidays than commandments."
- Simple: So many people celebrate Christmas, but only a few people obey Christ's teachings. It is very much easier to keep a holiday than an instruction.
- "Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Simple: People who can give up a little bit of freedom for safety will not be free or safe.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Benjamin Franklin, Quotedb.com.