Colonel Buzz Eugene Aldrin, Sc.D (born Edwin Eugene Aldrin, Jr., January 20, 1930) is an American pilot and astronaut who was the Lunar Module Pilot on Apollo 11, the first lunar landing. He became the second human to set foot on the Moon (after Mission Commander Neil Armstrong).
- "I think humans will reach Mars, and I would like to see it happen in my lifetime."
- Simple: I believe people will go to Mars, and I want it to happen while I am living.
- "I was an outsider. I was the egghead from academia who got in because the rules had changed. While I looked for validation from my fellow contemporaries, I instead found jealousy and envy."
- Simple: I was a person who was not part of the group. I was the person with much knowledge, coming from big schools. I got in because the rules had changed. While I looked at other people near me for approval, in place of approval I found people hating that I had things they did not have.
- "Mars is there, waiting to be reached."
- Simple: Mars is out there, waiting for someone to come to it.
- "Buzz Aldrin: Down to Earth". Psychology Today. Retrieved on November 19, 2008