Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Sources are needed for some or all quotes on this page.
You can help Simple English Wikiquote by adding sources.
- "My dad had been shortstop when he was in college, and you know, when you're a kid, you want to be just like your dad."
- Simple: My dad was a shortstop in college, and when boys are young, they want to be similar to their dad.
- "You don't just accidentally show up in the World Series."
- Simple: You do not show up in the World Series by accident.
- What it means: You do not just get what you want, you have to work hard for it.
- "My office is at Yankee stadium. Yes, dreams do come true."
- "I hope I wear this jersey forever."
- What it means: He was saying he wished to be a part of the New York Yankees forever.
- "I like to dance and sing when there's no one around, but, if I'm out, I'm really shy about it. So it takes a lot to get me going, but I enjoy being around music."
- Simple: I like to dance and sing when there is nobody there, but, if I am out, I am shy about it. So it needs much to get me to sing and dance, but I enjoy being around music.
- "I think everyone is ticklish. You just gotta find the right spots."
- Simple: I think everybody is ticklish. You have just got to find the right place.
- "If you're going to play at all, you're out to win. Baseball, board games, playing Jeopardy, I hate to lose."
- Simple: If you are going to play, you are there to win. Baseball, board games, playing Jeopardy!, I do not like to lose.
- "If you're going to win games, you're going to have to come up with the big hits. That's the bottom line."
- Simple: If you are going to win games, you are going to have to hit big. That is the bottom line.
- "It's never over. You don't want to be in the position to be down four runs in the ninth inning, but it's not over until the last out."
- Simple: It is never over. You do not want to be in a place to be losing by four runs in the ninth inning, but it is not over until the last out.
- "My hero's, my dreams, and my future lie in Yankee Stadium and they can't take that from me."
- Simple: My heroes, my hopes and my future lie in Yankee Stadium. They cannot take that from me.
- "That's how you win — pitching and defense."
- Simple: That is how you win — pitching and defending.
- "We just want to win. That's the bottom line. I think a lot of times people may become content with one championship or a little bit of success, but we don't really reflect on what we've done in the past. We focus on the present."
- Simple: We just want to win. That is the bottom line. I think a lot of times people are happy with one championship or a small success. But we don't want to look back on what we have done in the past. We look at the present.
- "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun."
- Simple: You must have fun. Whatever way you look at it, we are playing a game. It is a business, it is our job, but I do not think you can do well if you are not having fun.
- "Derek Jeter". Google Books. Retrieved on February 17, 2009
- "Earning a rep". Sports Illustrated (October 25, 2003). Retrieved on February 17, 2009