Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guatama Buddha (c. 563 BC – c. 483 BC) was a teacher, thinker and religious leader. He was later known simply as Buddha.
- "Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence."
- Simple: Everything is random. Keep working hard.
- What it means: Things will go wrong. When they do, do not stop and keep working hard.
- "Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule."
- Simple: If someone hates you, hating them back won't make them stop. This is a rule forever.
- "He is able who thinks he is able."
- Simple: People who think they can do things, can do those things.
- What it means: Think you can do something, and you can do it.
- "Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
- Simple: Whatever you say, think about it. People will hear your words and be changed by them, in a bad or a good way.
- What it means: Think about what you say before you say it.
- ↑ Buddha Quotes, Buddhist-Tourism.com.
- ↑ The New Dictionary of Thoughts, Google Books.
- ↑ Future M.D, Google Books.
- ↑ The Fresh Start Promise, Google Books.
- Gautama Buddha on Wikipedia
- Gautama Buddha on Wikimedia Commons
- Works by Gautama Buddha on the English Wikisource