| More reliable sources are needed for some or all quotes on this page.
You can help Simple English Wikiquote by adding reliable sources.
Jane Addams (September 6, 1860 – May 21, 1935) was an American social worker, sociologist, philosopher and reformer. She was also the first American woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize, and a starter of the U.S. Settlement House Movement.
- "The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life."
- Simple: The good life that we make for ourselves is unsafe and we can't be sure it will continue until everyone has the same good life and it is part of our life together.
- "Action indeed is the sole medium of expression for ethics."
- Simple: Doing things is really the only way to show goodness.
- "Civilization is a method of living and an attitude of equal respect for all people."