Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. That's what we're doing."
- Simple: Imagine that every person on Earth can find out what anyone else knows. I believe that is what Wikipedia is doing.
- "I frequently counsel people who are getting frustrated about an edit war to think about someone who lives without clean drinking water, without any proper means of education, and how our work might someday help that person. It puts flamewars into some perspective, I think."
- Simple: I often will tell people who are in an edit war to think about all the people who do not have clean water to drink, or a way to get an education, and how our work may help them someday. I believe that it puts this warring into the right perspective.
- [In response to reporter's question, Any updates on WikiaSearch?] "I have my team focused on the front end, working on the user experience, and making sure we have all the wiki-like tools people need to work on the site. We're just cranking away."
- Simple: We're working on making WikiaSearch even better for people to use.
- "[Wikipedia is] like a sausage: you might like the taste of it, but you don't necessarily want to see how it's made."
- Simple: Wikipedia is like a sausage. You might think it is yummy but that doesn't mean you would want to see how it is made.
- Wikinomics By Don Tapscott, Anthony D. Williams, Google Books.
- Slashdot Interview (July 28, 2004)
- Jimmy Wales: Why the recession won't kill digital media, by Susan Kuchinskas, iMediaConnection.
- "The Guardian". University of Virginia. Retrieved on July 01, 2009