Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "The government of the US has no moral authority to elect itself as the judge over human rights in Cuba, where there has not been a single case of disappearance, torture or extra-judicial execution since 1959, and where despite the economic blockade, there are levels of health, education and culture that are internationally recognised."
- "We live, after all, in a world where illusions are sacred and truth profane."
- "For all their incoherence and senseless rage, their message is attractive to those layers of the population who yearn for some order in their lives. If the fanatics promise to feed them and educate their children they are prepared to forgo the delights of CNN and BBC World."
- "Even if you reject everything, it is always better to know what it is you are rejecting."
- Appeal signed by Tariq Ali in The Guardian, March 26, 2005.
- Commentary essay, "For one day only, I'm a Lib Dem: We must take the politics of the anti-war front into the electoral arena," The Guardian, March 26, 2005.
- Referring to the Taliban. The Clash of Fundamentalisms (ISBN 1-85984-457-X), page 200.
- The Clash of Fundamentalisms