One resists the invasion of armies; one does not resist the invasion of ideas.
Victor Hugo (February 26, 1802 – May 22, 1885) was a French writer in the 19th century. He wrote Les Misérables, a famous novel, in 1862.
- "There shall be no slavery of the mind."
- Simple: The mind will not be a slave to anyone.
- Ce qu’on ne peut dire et ce qu’on ne peut taire, la musique l’exprime.
- Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
- Simple: Music says what words cannot say.