- Main page on meta-wiki: m:Checkuser policy
- To request a checkuser, please see m:Steward requests/Checkuser
Checkusers on the Wikimedia foundation are people who are able to:
- Look up the IP addresses of a user.
- Find out what users are editing from an IP address.
- See the edits made from an IP address.
Checkusers do these checks only when there is clear evidence, because people might want to keep their IP address hidden for reasons of privacy. There are now no checkusers on Simple English Wikiquote, so if there is a need, please request from a steward (or via the #wikimedia-stewards IRC channel if the need is urgent). Stewards can give themselves the checkuser right via Special:UserRights at meta, and once the check is done, they can remove it again.