|Be advised that you take full responsibility for any action performed using Twinkle. You must understand Wikiquote policies and use this tool within these policies, or risk being blocked.|
Twinkle was and is developed on the English Wikipedia by AzaToth and has its origins as a reversion script based on ideas found in Voice of All's script collection. It has grown quickly into a tool with many more capabilities than its reversion roots and is used by hundreds of Wikipedians.
Current development is being done by several users.
Requirements and limitations
Problems, bugs and feedback
- It is a known issue that firewall and security solutions such as ZoneAlarm and Norton Internet Security (specifically Norton's AntiSpam) can intercept and malform the http and xml webstreams that Twinkle uses. Because of that Twinkle might not work in combination with those products. In the case of Norton Internet security you can fix this by disabling popup blocking.
- Twinkle is considered to be unstable, but in major development. All questions regarding Twinkle as well as bug reports and feature requests should be posted on the Talkpage.
To install the TWINKLE modules that have been migrated so far:
- Copy the text below and paste it into the bottom of your monobook.js file:
- Save the new monobook.js page, and
- Completely refresh your browser by bypassing your cache (Firefox: Control-Shift-R / Firefox Mac: Command-Shift-R)
You may wish to re-configure TWINKLE's default settings. See en:Wikipedia:Twinkle/doc#Configuration for instructions.
Now, you can install TWINKLE via the Gadgets section of your Preferences page.
Documentation and configuration
Before you start using Twinkle you really should read its documentation to familiarize yourself with some of the possibilities and functions of Twinkle. There is also a multitude of options that you can configure to change some of the default behaviours of Twinkle. Never forget that you take full responsibility for any action performed using Twinkle. You must understand Wikipedia policies and use this tool within these policies, or risk being blocked.