William Blake (November 28, 1757 – August 21, 1827) was an English poet, thinker, painter and printmaker.
- "Tyger, Tyger, burning bright,
- In the forests of the night,
- What immortal hand or eye
- Could frame thy fearful symmetry?"
- Simple: Tiger, tiger, your fur shining as bright as fire, in the forests at night: what great forever living artist could be able to describe exactly how frightening your appearance is to us?
- "Fearless Symmetry" by Avner Ash and Robert Gross, 2006, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey, USA.