Ludwig van Beethoven
Ludwig van Beethoven (baptized December 17, 1770 – March 26, 1827) was a German composer who lived most of his life in Vienna. He was a major musical figure in the transitional period between the Classical and Romantic eras.
- "I want to seize fate by the throat."
- Simple: I do not believe in fate.
- "There ought to be but one large art warehouse in the world, to which the artist could carry his art-works, and from which he could carry away whatever he needed. As it is, one must be half a tradesman."
- Simple: There should be only one big art warehouse in the world, where the artist could take his works, and from which he can take what he needed. As it is, he should be partly a tradesman.
- Letter to F.G. Wegeler (1801-11-16)
- Conversations (January 1801)