Wikiquote is a free collection of quotations that is being written by every user, even you. The site is a wiki, meaning that anyone, even you, can edit almost any page right now by clicking on the change this page link that is in almost every Wikiquote page. The project was started on June 27, 2003 and there are 591 articles in simple English that we are working on. There are a lot more pages in other languages. Every day users from all over the world make changes and make new articles.
Please see copyrights if you want to know more about the copyrights on Wikiquote.
Note: Wikiquote contains some information that some users might not like or information that is not safe for children. Please see the content disclaimer if you want to know more about the information on Wikiquote.
More about Wikiquote
- Wikiquote, an article about quotations and why they are important.
- Wikimedia Foundation, the non-profit group that started Wikiquote and projects like it.
- Common questions you may have about Wikiquote
- Wikiquote in the news
Exploring the Wikiquote
Getting in touch
- Simple talk, a place to ask a question when you can't find the answer in the Common questions page or the help pages.
- Wikiquotians, a list of Wikiquote users.
- Wikimedia Meta, a site that works with all of the Wikimedia sites. Here you can make pages and talk about Wikimedia projects.
Wikiquote in other languages
Other Wikimedia projects
- Simple English Wikipedia, a free encyclopedia
- Simple English Wiktionary, a dictionary and thesaurus
- Simple English Wikibooks, lots of free textbooks and manuals
- Wikisource, the free library with source texts
- Wikimedia Commons, a place to share images and other media files between wikis