Miley Ray Cyrus (born as Destiny Hope Cyrus on November 23, 1992) is an American actress and singer-songwriter. Cyrus is better known for starring as Miley Stewart/Hannah Montana in the television series Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel.
- "Being famous is like a dream come true but it's really difficult because you lose your freedom. I don't want to lose being a kid."
- Simple: Being famous is like a dream which was made true. But it is hard for one to lose one's freedom. I still want to be a kid.
- What it means: I like being famous. But it is hard because I have no more freedom. I still want to be just a kid.
- Simple: I used to love Nick Jonas.
- "My mom always says, 'For every, you know, 10,000 people that love you, there's going to be another handful of 10,000 people that don't. And it's like, there's nothing that you can change, so, that's all right.'"
- Simple: My mom said, "For every 10,000 people that like you, there is another 10,000 people that don't like you. But there is nothing you can do about it."
- "Some people think you have more privileges than other teenagers because of what you do, and that's not it at all. It's actually the opposite."
- Simple: Some people think you have a better life than anyone else because you're famous. But that is not true. It is actually the opposite.
- "That's what I want to do with my life. I would love to be a photographer, I want to come to London to study. I hear there are some great art schools here so I would love to do that."
- Simple: I want to be a photographer. I want to go to London to study there. I heard that there are some great art schools in London.
- "I've already fallen in love with 20 guys since I've been here. The accents sound so intelligent. I love the way the guys are so classy and wear trench coats."
- Simple: I have fallen in love with 20 guys by now. Their accents sound so smart. I love how the guys are classy and wear trench coats.
- "I had one normal job and I actually liked it. I worked at this place called Sparkles Cleaning Service and I cleaned houses. I was like 11. I can clean toilet bowls!"
- Simple: I used to have a job when I was 11 years old. I worked at Sparkles Cleaning Service. I had to clean houses and toilet bowls.
Quotes about Miley Cyrus
- "I think that she's a wonderful performer." – Selena Gomez
- Simple: I think that Miley Cyrus is a very good performer.
- "She's been my best friend for the last five years and I'll always be there for her. I love her." – Mitchel Musso
- Simple: Miley Cyrus has been my friend for five years. I support and love her.
- "We don't have each other's phone numbers. But when she meets me, she's excited. It's cute – I see a lot of myself in her." – Hilary Duff
- "Her voice is surprisingly rich for a girl in her early teens, and she has more personality than many pop starlets her age, especially those in the Disney stable." – Heather Phares
- Simple: Miley Cyrus has a great voice for a teenage girl. She is also more popular than other pop stars from Disney.
- Gina Serpe (May 1, 2008). "Miley Turns Her Back On Destiny". E! Online. Retrieved on September 5, 2009
- David Hiltbrand (May 14, 2006). "Miley Cyrus braced for Disney stardom". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved on September 5, 2009
- "Miley Cyrus biography". AOL. Retrieved on September 5, 2009
- "That's Showbuzz! Highlights of U.S. celeb magazines". Reuters UK (November 27, 2007). Retrieved on August 22, 2009
- "Miley: Nick Jonas and I 'Were In Love'". People Magazine (August 7, 2008). Retrieved on August 22, 2009
- "Miley Cyrus 'Upset' By Texas Ticket Scandal". People Magazine (January 25, 2008). Retrieved on August 23, 2009
- "Miley Cyrus: “I Need More Friends”". OK! Magazine (February 20, 2008). Retrieved on August 23, 2009
- "Miley Cyrus: I Would Love to Work with Leibovitz Again". TV Guide (December 2, 2008). Retrieved on August 23, 2009
- "Carey loads up on luggage". Vancouver Sun (October 15, 2008). Retrieved on August 23, 2009
- "Miley's Dirty Past". Canada.com (November 7, 2008). Retrieved on August 24, 2009
- "Selena Gomez Makes It Clear: There's No Beef With Miley Cyrus". MTV.com (August 1, 2008). Retrieved on August 23, 2009
- "Miley Cyrus: I like to be the girl no guy can get". Mirror.co.uk (May 5, 2008). Retrieved on August 23, 2009
- "Hilary Duff Dishes on Avril, Lindsay and Miley". People Magazine (April 16, 2008). Retrieved on August 23, 2009
- "Hannah Montana Review". Allmusic. Retrieved on August 23, 2009