Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy."
- Simple: Being a pirate is better than joining the Navy.
- "It'll make your jaw drop."
- Simple: It'll surprise you.
- "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." [At the Apple Music Event 9th September 2008]
- Originally from Mark Twain: The report of my death was an exaggeration.
- Simple: People exaggerate about my death.
- "I make 50 cents for showing up ... and the other 50 cents is based on my performance."
- Simple: I am paid 50 cents a year for coming to work, and another 50 cents for doing a good job.
- "I wish him [Bill Gates] the best, I really do. I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow. He'd be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger."
- Simple: I wish Bill Gates good luck. I just think he needs to open up. He would be a more accepting person if he had used drugs when he was younger.
- "What a computer is to me is the most remarkable tool that we have ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Simple: I think the computer is the most important thing that people have ever created. It is like a bicycle for our brains.
- "I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that was the case, Microsoft would have great products."
- Simple: I wish creating great things was easy like writing a check. If that was the case, then Microsoft would have great products.
- "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."
- Simple: Life is short, so do not waste your time living the life of another person.
- "I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No', for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."
- Simple: Every morning, I ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer is "No", then I know I need to change something.
- "We used to dream about this stuff. Now we get to build it. It's pretty great."
- Simple: We used to dream about making this stuff. Now we get to build it. It's pretty great.
- "What customers told us was, they started to see it as a game machine."
- Simple: Our customers told us that they saw the iPod touch as a game machine.
- "Smithsonian Oral and Video Histories: Steve Jobs". Smithsonian Institution (April 20, 1995). Retrieved on September 5, 2009
- "Apple — Press Info — Bios — Steve Jobs". Apple Inc. (May 2006). Retrieved on September 5, 2009
- As quoted in Odyssey : Pepsi to Apple : A Journey of Adventure, Ideas, and the Future (1987) by John Sculley and John A. Byrne
- When talking about the first NeXT Computer, as quoted in The New York Times
- "I make fifty cents just for showing up". AppleInsider (May 10, 2007). Retrieved on August 22, 2009
- "Creating Jobs". The New York Times (January 12, 1997). Retrieved on August 22, 2009
- "Memory and Imagination: New Pathways to the Library of Congress". YouTube. Retrieved on August 22, 2009
- "Apple's Jobs brushes aside backdating concerns". CNet News (May 10, 2007). Retrieved on August 22, 2009
- "Stanford University commencement address". Apple Matters (June 12, 2005). Retrieved on August 22, 2009
- "Keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference 2004". Apple (June 2004). Retrieved on August 22, 2009
- "Steve Jobs talks iPod nano with camera, iPod touch without". AppleInsider (September 10, 2009). Retrieved on September 11, 2009