"Things should be made a simple as possible, but not simpler." (attributed to Albert Einstein).
This page tells how to ask me to stop being a bureaucrat or to stop being an administrator.
Changing this page
I haven't finished writing this yet, so for now I can change this page at any time, even after a recall starts. This page is partly based on w:en:User:Lar/Accountability.
Put a message on my talk page asking me to resign as a bureaucrat or to resign as an administrator, and saying why.
Recall starts when 3 recallers ask me to resign, in the same discussion, in the same 7 days, and people can see that I know the discussion is happening. For admin recall, the problem must be about the way I used the admin buttons. For bureaucrat recall, the problem must be about the way I used the bureaucrat buttons or about a problem that happened (not something that might happen in the future) about bureaucrat things like closing discussions, that could not have happened if I were not a bureaucrat.
Talk about the problem.
I will choose one of these:
- I find an arbitrator. The arbitrator can decide alone, or can choose more people to help decide. The arbitrator will read the discussion and decide whether to suggest that I resign. If they suggest that I resign, then I will resign.
- I start up a vote page for voters to vote on whether I resign. People can vote "recall" if they want me to resign or "keep" if they want me to continue being an administrator or bureaucrat. For admin recall, I will resign if more than 50% of the voters vote for recall. For bureaucrat recall, I will resign if more than 40% of the voters vote for recall.
- I resign.
- *Recallers must have 20 edits on this project, with 10 of the edits being to quote pages, 7 days before the discussion starts.
- If the recaller is a bureaucrat, the recaller must be open to bureaucrat recall. (This doesn't matter if the recaller is not a bureaucrat.)
- For admin recall: if the recaller is an admin, the recaller must be open to admin recall. (This doesn't matter if the recaller is not an admin.)
- *The arbitrator must be one of these:
- A bureaucrat on some project
- A member of the English Wikipedia arbitration committee, or someone who was a member before
- A steward
- A member of the English Wikipedia Mediation committee
- The arbitrator must be someone I accept
- The arbitrator must be someone I think can be impartial
- The arbitrator must be someone who thinks they can be impartial
- *Voters must have 20 edits on this project, with 10 of the edits being to quote pages, 7 days before the discussion starts.