|Search for other languages|
A link to a funny comic:  !
You can talk to me on my talk page, my English Wikipedia talk page, or by email. Feel free to give me a message if you want a username change, if an RfA hasn't been closed for more than 24 hours, or many other reasons (I like getting messages).
"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." (attributed to Einstein)
- Category:Pages needing translation
- meta:Steward requests
- meta:Steward requests/Permissions
- Wikiquote:Requests for adminship
- Wikiquote:Deletion requests
Links for me to use:
- Wikiquote:Quote of the Day/November 8, 2008
- Wikiquote:Requests for decratship/Coppertwig
I've also written many definitions for Simple English Wiktionary, as well as figuring out how to get (some) Babel boxes working there. (Easy; just copy Template:Babel over from English Wikipedia, but took me a while to figure that out.)
Message to stewards
To Stewards: If at any time the following 3 things are true:
- I'm the only bureaucrat on this project (or all other bureaucrats have been inactive for a long time or for some other reason people don't think they will do the regular bureaucrat work); and
- I've been inactive on this project for 23 days or longer, not counting planned wikibreaks, after someone has asked me on my talk page to do a bureaucrat action; and
- I've been inactive on this project for 19 days or longer after someone has asked me on my English Wikipedia talk page to come to this project and do a bureaucrat action;
If those three things are all true, then I ask you, Stewards, to please do the bureaucrat work on this project the way you would do it if there were no bureaucrats on this project.
If I say in the section "Wikibreaks" below that I'm going on a wikibreak, then this message doesn't do anything during the wikibreak or during the 23 days after I said the wikibreak was going to end. Only if I'm still inactive 23 days after the time I said the wikibreak was going to end, then please start doing the bureaucrat work at that time.
I might leave different instructions in the Wikibreaks section for planned wikibreaks.
If I'm inactive for a shorter time, this message does nothing. In that case, please decide what to do the same way you would if I hadn't written this message.
"Inactive" for a time means that there are no changes (edits) or other actions in my "user's changes" (contributions) in that time.
Planned wikibreaks: every Monday to Thursday for several weeks, beginning April 2009 (with exceptions).
Discussion that happened about closing some RfBs
American Eagle's first RfB
- I closed American Eagle's first request for bureaucratship as "no consensus".
- After that, there was some discussion about it on Simple talk and at a stewards' noticeboard at meta.
American Eagle's second RfB
- I was the only bureaucrat, but said I was not going to close American Eagle's second RfB. (the RfB) (discussion about who would close it) (Discussion at meta)
- There was a request for decratship about me.
- RyanCross closed the RfB after I promoted RyanCross to bureaucrat about a day later. (Links are here.)
- I was happy with the way it happened.
Administrators can put pages on this page: Wikiquote:Protected pages to stop people from creating those pages. --Coppertwig 13:29, 19 March 2008 (UTC) (Maybe this is not needed any more.)
- Wikiquote:Protected pages to try to stop pages like w/w/index.php from being created, by using cascading protection.
Simple English Wikiquote has 0 admins and 588 articles and 6,827 pages and 2,103 users.