Sir James Paul Admin & Sockpuppetry
- I am going to practice blocking accounts, and protecting pages by making a account and blocking and banning it and then lifting the block and ban. I will protect my user page and then make it unprotected. I will get the practice I need before I have to use them for real.--Sir James Paul 22:51, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
- That is not how things are done. As I've suggested before, I strongly urge you to familiarize yourself with general Wikipedia policy, as well as the administrators' reading list, as well as the guide to requests for adminship. I also fear if you persist with these cross-wiki attempts to become an admin, you might try the patience of the community. --ZimZalaBim 00:21, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- When it comes to using sysop tools I am not clueless because I have a site that is on wikipedia that tells me how to use them. I understand being a sysop does not make you better than everyone else. Will you please reconsider your vote. Also I have time to practice using my tules before I will have to use them for real. I will practice protecting pages by protecting, then unprotecting my user page. I will delete, and then undelete my talk page. I will make a account, then block it. I will make a edit on my user page and then revert it. Please reconsider. Have a nice week and god bless.--Sir James Paul 13:59, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- It is an understanding of policy that is vital to being a good admin, not proficiency with the particular tools. You clearly lack that understanding at this point in your tenure across various wiki projects. Also, some consider it awkward/rude to go around trying to get people to change their votes (especially if you're just cut/pasting the same message). You might want to reconsider that tactic. Finally, you archived your talk page without addressing my concern regarding the possibility you are using multiple accounts . Do you have a response to that concern?
- I know policies, and I know that using sockpuppets is wrong. I have only used one. I knew at that time also it was wrong and now I feel bad for using it. I do not know why they think I'm using other sockpuppets. I do not want to be blocked.--Sir James Paul 14:31, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- Knowingly using a sockpuppet against policy is evidence enough that you should not have admin powers. ZimZalaBim 14:42, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- I'm not going to lie and say I did not use a sockpuppet. Also Archer7 said that if I use one again I will be blocked. Not now. It was a stupid thing for me to do, when I'm desperate I do stupid things. I know if I become a sysop I will do a great job.--Sir James Paul 14:47, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry, but in my experience, those who do "stupid things" when desperate (and this isn't the first time for you), do not make good sysops. --ZimZalaBim 16:35, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- I've requested that all the strange accounts in the RfA be CheckUsered. If any come back positive, I'm blocking everything, as SJP was warned before about sockpuppets. Archer7 16:45, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- You do not have the right to end elections here. Only sysop's can, okay.--Sir James Paul 16:55, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
RedSoxMan is already blocked.--Sir James Paul 17:29, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- Can you do my a favor? I am not good at comming up with simple meanings of quotes, can you please come up with simple meanings for my articles. Thanks.--Sir James Paul 17:46, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- Making simple quotes is not my priority. Perhaps you should do that before creating articles (or cutting/pasting from copyright-protected sites, as it were). --ZimZalaBim 17:57, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
Re Concern over additional sockpuppets
- This is my only account.--Sir James Paul 20:29, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, thank you. --ZimZalaBim 20:39, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
"leave me alone"
- Can you please leave me alone, okay. Not trying to be rude.--Sir James Paul 21:28, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- Sir, I'm just trying to ensure this wikiproject is the best it can be (and, to be honest, your reaction isn't fitting with your expressed commitments to Esperanza-type friendliness). ZimZalaBim 21:38, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- LOL. --ZimZalaBim 01:14, 11 December 2006 (UTC)
please take him back...
We'd be happy to see him 'working' for you, rather than us! Really, you can have him - we don't mind at all!! http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Sir_James_Paul -188.8.131.52 03:18, 11 December 2006 (UTC) (ps - the IP I posted this from is an anon proxy, it should be blocked)
- Ha. He'll probably try to become an admin soon. ;) --ZimZalaBim 03:39, 11 December 2006 (UTC)