John McCain (born August 29, 1936) is a politician from Arizona. He was the republican candidate for President of the United States in the 2008 presidential election. His running mate was Sarah Palin.
- "And though both Sen. Obama and Sen. Biden have been going on lately about how they are always, quote, "fighting for you," let us face the matter squarely. There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you."
- Simple: Even though Barack Obama and Joe Biden promise they will fight for you if they are elected, let us look at this truthfully. I am the only man in this Presidential election who has ever fought for you.
- What it means: ...I fought for you in the Vietnam War.
- "War is wretched beyond description, and only a fool or a fraud could sentimentalize its cruel reality."
- Simple: War is so horrible, it cannot be described. Only a fool or a liar could describe what war is really like.
- "I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time."
- Simple: I have been in jobs like the President before, so I know what the President does.
- John McCain on Wikipedia
- John McCain on Wikimedia Commons
- Works by John McCain on the English Wikisource
- JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008
2008 United States Presidential Election
|Presidential candidates||Barack Obama · John McCain|
|Vice Presidential candidates||Joe Biden · Sarah Palin|